Saturday 16 October 2010

Halloween SCAREblog- Day 14 (Don't Look Now)

Yet another Friday proves to be my downfall... Curses. Well, this time I've actually managed to get two drawings done, so at least I'm still just one behind... First off, there's this sketch of 'Don't Look Now'. It's a weird film, but  it definitely deserves a watch, whatever your tastes are. It's quite slow and very much in the same vein as 'Rosemary's Baby' or 'Ring' in that it's strength is in it's atmosphere rather than outright shocks. Donald Sutherland's great in it and there's so many memorable scenes, but the opening really stuck with me and that's where this drawing comes from. I'm tentatively moving towards finally doing a full-on digital painting, which will probably be something I'll focus on more after this month's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment