Sunday 17 October 2010

Halloween SCAREblog- Day 16 (Candyman)

A horror film you don't really hear people mention too much these days, but is actually a pretty damn good movie: 'Candyman'. I remember when I was a kid me and my friends would dare each other to say his name into the mirror... We'd always hear about little snippets of horror movies and kind of build up our own ideas about what the film was really like based on what we knew. Usually the film I imagined was much more frightening than the real thing. As a character, Candyman never really became an enduring horror icon like Freddy or Jason... I guess it's because he didn't really have something like Freddy's glove or Jason's mask... He just had that weird coat and a hook for a hand... Kinda lame, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment